Become a Qualified Bookkeeper!
Gain an industry accredited Bookkeeping qualification for only $25 a week
ABKN1051 – Qualified Bookkeeper™ Pathway
Become a professional Qualified Bookkeeper™ with this Pathway Program!
- Become an AAT Globally Qualified Bookkeeper (AATQB) with our AAT Pathway for Bookkeepers and fast track your bookkeeping career!
- Learn to balance the books, prepare GST returns and prepare business accounts, before using the prestigious AAT Global membership to launch your own bookkeeping business!
- AAT Global is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 140,000 members. Your membership gives your clients the confidence that you meet AAT Global’s renowned international standards.
“AAT are really happy to partner with The Career Academy to help students become qualified Bookkeepers. AAT have reviewed the course content and support The Career Academy because they offer quality, interactive online courses to help students gain employment as a Bookkeeper or set up their own bookkeeping business. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of AAT once you graduate.” Justin Kyriakou International Development Manager at AAT
Talk to an advisor to learn more about this course
- Become an AAT Qualified Bookkeeper with exclusive access to online resources – including industry leading e-learning modules and webinars
- Add the letters AATQB after your name once you’re a member!
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Receive a FREE 12-month Qualified Bookkeeper™ membership to AAT and NZQBA
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
Once you complete the pathway you will be eligible to register as a Qualified member of the NZQBA and a Qualified Bookkeeper with AAT.
Investment: $1,250 + GST or from only $25 per week with The Career Academy’s interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 16 modules / 16 assignments, includes case students, written assessments and a final Assessment of Competence.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Course Level: 4
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
See what AATQB students say:
Samantha Marshall (Sam) is an AAT Qualified Bookkeeper (AATQB) at Big Blue Ltd, a leading supply of filterer and bottled water. Sam became an AATQB with The Career Academy and this has given her the skills and confidence to succeed in her career. Sam’s everyday work involves using Xero, dealing with Profit and loss accounts, Depreciation, Fixed Assets, Cashflow, Debt collection, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Inventory. Sam says: “If anyone wants to increase their skill set The Career Academy is awesome. You can do it in your own time and still keep earning at your present job. Also, easy weekly repayments which makes it easy to afford. Awesome tutors and the latest technology. Would highly recommend others become an AATQB with The Career Academy” Samantha Marshall AATQB
This Pathway includes the following
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
The Assessment of Competence contains a comprehensive quiz made up of 50 questions, including multi-choice, missing words, drag and drop, true and false, and matching options. This quiz is designed to test your level of bookkeeping competence, and on completion you will be eligible to apply for AAT Membership through The Career Academy.
ABKN105 – Assessment of Competence