Become a Qualified Bookkeeper Member
Qualified Bookkeeper™ Membership Overview
Designed for those who want to become a fully qualified member or Master Bookkeeper and run their own Bookkeeping Business. Being a Qualified Bookkeeper™ with NZQBA automatically allows you to become an AAT Qualified Bookkeeper.
Prerequisites – Must have either:
- Successfully completed an AAT bookkeeping qualification; OR
- Successfully completed The Career Academy’s Certificate in Bookkeeping™, plus the AAT Qualified Bookkeeper Assessment of Competence.
Being a Qualified Bookkeeper gives employers and clients the confidence that you meet internationally recognised bookkeeping standards.
As a Qualified Bookkeeper, you will have access to the following benefits*:
- Use of the Qualified Bookkeeper™ NZQBA member logo – gold status
- Unlimited access to a consolidated library of online training resources, eBooks, webinars and podcasts via the Bookkeepers Hub.
- Fortnightly newsletters, including technical updates and Bookkeeping tips and tricks
- Professional status and recognition – demonstrate your expertise and commitment to professional development as an AAT Bookkeeper with the designatory letters AATQB
- Option to become a self-employed bookkeeper and start your own Bookkeeping Business
- Connect with accountants and business and join a bookkeeping community – become part of a networking community, joining other Qualified Bookkeepers at events, both face-to-face and online, to share experiences and support your professional development
- Get support resources to help you start your own Bookkeeping Business
- Save money with AAT Rewards: your exclusive reward site can help you save money on the things you buy every day. Find great offers on everything from cinema tickets to holidays and insurance.
*The above benefits are sourced from AAT
Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD requirements):
25 CPD Bookkeeping points per year
Membership subscription fee: $45 per month*
*Includes annual subscription to AAT Global as an AAT Qualified Bookkeeper
Expected hourly rate / charge out rate:
“Membership of a professional association, regular newsletters, community” Zachariah Hardy, Qualified Bookkeeper
“I am a really new member, but being surrounded by like minded people is always the best!!” Melinka Granich, Certified Bookkeeper
Ready to become a NZQBA Qualified Bookkeeper Member? Fill out the form below to apply now.